my version of reality

why see things as they are when you can believe whatever you want to?

Monday, April 18, 2011

And another one

(I made up this while walking across campus, and you can tell by the rhythm. I kept having to stop and scribble the lines down on my arms and legs, which broke my concentration and accounts for the variant meter.)

Confidence v.s. Reality

I walk smooth, I walk strong
My heels precede me and beat out my song

I walk long, I walk lean
I'm something between a goddess and a queen

I rule with might, I rule with light
I rule the quiet, even in the night

I break the sidewalks where I walk
I crack the crowds were I stalk
I stride, I ride, I sail, I soar
My fist commands and opens doors

I may be small and thin and brown
And love but three people in this whole town
But sealed within its quiet bone
My mind can soar and stride and roam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home